Monday, June 15, 2009

my uni? it looks.. um.. brown






Uni is going along quite quickly here - only a few more weeks then finished for the semester! Can't believe it!! What's more unbelievable is that in that time I have to write 2 "hausarbeits" i.e two massive essays - fun fun. 
The problem is I have to decide on my own topics which takes sooooo much longer. It means I'll actually be interested in the theme but URG. 
Here's a shot of the other side of my uni where i don't go too often. Pretty 60's hey? This is the main entrance but i come from the other station (Yes there is a STATION with TRAINS near my uni here, incomprehensible! considering nearest train to Monash Uni at home is 15 minutes by car!) and walk through the back way. There are lots of pretty parks and things around the uni, mainly as they designed it to be open and spacey but also because its situated in a very wealthy area of Berlin and the rich people like green! 
Wonderful shot of my uni! 
Here is a small shot of the huge Mensa cafeteria where we eat a lot of the time. It's sooooo cheap and often the food isnt too bad. AND we have chai tea on tap! although it's a bit sweet for me... 
Chai tea on TAP!!!
Been pretty busy for the last few weeks and this weekend just past was the first I was actually in Berlin (for most of it anyway) for about a month! 
Weekend travelling over the last two months has included: 
Paris, France - Jeremy had a fencing tournament and I caught up with a great friend Marion who i met last time I was in Germany - 5 years later!!!!! 
Marion and I at Versailles - we had a lovely Sunday picnic in the Gardens
The Fencing Stadium in Paris (no that's not Jeremy!) 
Stockholm, Sweden - Another fencing tournament for jeremy and a great excuse for me to explore this scandinavian city - really is a fantastic place! 

Tiny medival Streets on Island Gamla Stan

Me on Skansen - open air park in City. 

Fencing Stadium - lots of flags!

Photos of: 
Luxembourg, Saarland, German Wedding, Koblenz, Trier and Dresden will have to wait! 
Running late for uni - yet again! 
lots of love kids!
manda 

No comments:

Post a Comment